The distinction between "dialogue" and "deliberation" is very old. I've tried a few times to promote to this list my book on the philosophy of Aristotle which discusses it. The distinction emerged in the philosophical environment in Athens 2500 years ago. I honestly think it could contribute to the current discussion if someone wants to look at the roots of the difference and sometimes conflict. Anyone's choice; here it is again:

Eikeland, Olav (2008):

The Ways of Aristotle – Aristotelian Phrónêsis, Aristotelian Philosophy of Dialogue, and Action Research, Bern: Peter Lang Publishers

Best wishes

Olav

Olav Eikeland, Dr.Philos
Professor / Research director
Program for Research on Education and Work
Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences  / Høgskolen i Oslo & Akershus
Institute for Technical and Vocational Teacher Education

Mail address:
P.O.Box 423, NO-2001 Lillestrøm
Norway
Street address: Instituttv. 24, NO-2007 Kjeller
Mobile phone: +4790822463, Office +4764849135
E-mail:
[log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]
www.hioa.no