I agree entirely with Greg and others about the need for partisanship  Collaboration is all about your wisdom and my wisdom.  I facilitate in just this same way and have always found that by listening to divergent views that that person is bringing into the conversation something the rest of us were not thinking about.

Nonetheless we also need to ask ourselves how do we help our democracy work better together?  How do we bring many diverse views into good governance for all?  After all we don't have views just to have them in this context.  These partisans are either running the country or waiting for their chance.  Without growing more respectful or collaborative or enlightened or more capable to do right by everyone, whichever is the correct path for each individual involved, how can we say we are growing our democracy?   This is what I mean by deepening our "democratic intent"
Stephanie Tansey
Earth Charter Communities Network