NCDD-DISCUSSION  February 2007, Week 1

NCDD-DISCUSSION February 2007, Week 1

Re: The educational system and NCDD

Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:07:46 -0500

Many of you are describing a form of learning that is very exciting, and
that I feel could be coached by many
different types of adults, in many settings, not just  by traditional
teachers or schools.

I host a conference every May and November to draw together people involved
in volunteer-based tutoring/
mentoring. I also host a web site with links to blogs and research and
forums like this.  I'd like to invite any of you
who care to participate, to offer workshops that show these learning
concepts, and that show leaders of tutor/
mentor programs how they can teach these concepts to their volunteers, and
their kids.  The conference web site is
http://www.tutormentorconference.org.

In addition to hosting a face to face event, I'm trying to create blog
exchanges, and econferences,  take place during
the same time frames of the T/MC conferences, but engage people who will
never come to Chicago for our two day
event because of time, distance, costs. etc.

The goal of the conferences, and the T/MC, is to find ways to implement
some of these ideas in locations where kids
and adults and technology are connected.

If any of you would like to take a role in this, or are already hosting
such events, please let me know.

Dan Bassill
Tutor/Mentor Connection